The Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival is one of those Oregon adventures that make the state feel like a global spot. At this colorful celebration spread across 40-acres you’ll find windmills, wooden shoes, and tulips galore. But this isn’t a portal to Holland – it’s a whimsical event hosted by the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn. The tradition of hosting a festival began in the late 1980s, and today the events roll from late March into early May.
Visitors can enjoy the bounty of blooms, buy bulbs and participate in fun activities, such as pony rides, rubber ducky races and a cow train that rides through the fields. There’s also the new addition of a 5K/10K Tulip Trail run. And the rows of tulips – with Mt. hood framed in the background – are a photographer’s dream.
New hours for 2019:
- Mondays thru Thursdays: 9am - 6pm
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 8am - 7pm
Admission is $5 per person, with a $20/car maximum. Children under 12 are free. Or pick up a season pass, good until the festival ends, for $40. They also offer a special sunrise pass for $15, which allows access to the Tulip Festival during prime early mornings, 1 hour before sunrise. This is the perfect photographer playground time!
Directions from Portland and other places north:
- I-5 South to Exit 282A.
- Continue south on the Hubbard Cutoff Rd turning into 99E towards Woodburn for 10 miles.
- At the first stoplight in Woodburn, turn left (east) onto Hwy 211 towards Molalla.
- Follow this 3.6 miles and turn right (south) on S. Meridian Road. Follow 2 miles and the festival in on the left.
From the south:
- Take 99E north towards Woodburn.
- Turn right on Hwy 211 towards Molalla.
- Follow this 3.6 miles and turn right (south) on S. Meridian Road.
- Follow 2 miles and we are on the left hand side.
- The first two images are courtesy of the Tulip Festival.
Check the official website for more details by clicking the Learn More button. You call also call them at 1-800-711-2006, 503-634-2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org