Join us on a unique and delicious exploration through Portland’s amazing culinary scene! If you watch the Food Network and consider yourself a “foodie,” then this walking tour is for you. Portland has become a go-to destination for people who love to eat and we're the ones who will show you why. In addition to sampling a number of delicious food and drink items, you'll achieve an honorary diploma in culinary knowledge as you experience first hand (or should we say "first mouth") how fortunate we are to "eat local" and how this locavore philosophy is driving Portland's exciting food scene. As you slow down and allow us to guide you through this culinary tasting adventure, you’ll savor the smells, textures, and tastes that every item brings and learn why each one is so satisfying.
Our Epicurean Excursion tour changes regularly, but one thing is certain -- you will sample from the best local artisan items that Oregon has to offer. The tour typically visits between 8 and 10 different local vendors and artisan producers in about 3.5 hours. And since we often offer the tour more than once a day, how do you know which tour time is for you? Simply said, a morning tour is different from an afternoon tour. So if you are ready to nosh, consider doing what a fair number of our guests have done and take both tours on different days. Each tour is limited in size so the experience is small and intimate. Bon appetit!
We’ll help you discover these cool (and delicious!) things:
• The F.L.O.S.S. philosophy - Fresh, Local, Organic, Seasonable, and Sustainable
• Portland’s Liquid Assets (microbrews, wines, coffees, teas, olive oils, handmade sodas)
• Slowing down to experience, interpret and enjoy appearances, smells, tastes, mouthfeels, and aftertastes - we'll guide you through the process of renewing all five senses with food and drink
• Slow Food Movement - why Portland is the U.S. epicenter of this worldwide movement
• Visit the best and skip the rest - these eating adventures are all handpicked and curated by our resident experts
• The inside story of the Pearl District - from how it was named two times by the same person to its transformation from an unattractive industrial area into an eclectic blend of condominiums, galleries, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
• When: Spring/Summer 10:30 AM daily plus 2:30 PM Fridays through Sundays
• Length: About 1.5 miles and 3.5 hours
• Starting location: Indoors and under Pioneer Courthouse Square at the Theater under the Square - 701 SW 6th Ave at Yamhill Street
• Cost: $79 per person (includes all tastings and a bottle of water) - check online for frequent special sale discounts at portlandwalkingtours.com
• Tickets: 503-774-4522 or http://www.portlandwalkingtours.com/tours/epicurean-excursion-culinary-food-tour/