It’s no secret that a huge part of what keeps national and international visitors coming back to Oregon is our fantastic tax-free shopping, and that is especially true for Portland. Many people prefer to enjoy boutique shops and independent designers, and they are most delighted by a shopping experience that is as charming as it is fruitful.
Portland’s Nob Hill is one of the most charming areas in the city (explore Northwest 23rd and 21st Avenues - Northwest 22nd is residential). The avenues are tree-lined and many shops are inside historic Victorian-style houses. There are many wonderful spots to stop and enjoy a coffee, glass of wine, happy hour or treat along the way – more on that to follow soon!
If you are a resident of Portland or the surrounding areas, an afternoon spent exploring this neighborhood is sure to be a chance for you to revel in so much of what makes Portland great. Relax, have fun and up your fashion game in true Oregon style!
Here are some favorite Nob Hill shops where you can select a wonderful addition to your wardrobe or home:
- You can find exceptional high-quality leather items at Will Leather Goods, including their Lifetime Guarantee Bags (seriously, don’t leave Portland without one of these).
- EcoVibe Apparel offers gorgeous, flattering and sustainable fashions – Summer dresses, anyone?
- Le Souk is the home of “a carefully curated collection of women's apparel, accessories and treasures from around the globe, inspired by Moroccan market style."
- Don’t miss the chance to acquire some international treasures from Himalayan Arts & Handicrafts.
- If consignment fashions are what you love best, you will find a wonderful collection at What’s Upstairs.
- Crave pampering? Lush has delicious, natural lotions, scrubs and – everyone’s favorite! – fizzy bath bombs.
- Imelda’s can help you build an unrivaled shoe collection.
- Sloan Boutique presents “affordable fashion for every woman."
- At Hip Hound you can choose a souvenir for your best four-legged friend.
- Find a dashing hat for that hard-to-shop-for gentleman at Goorin Brothers Hat Shop.
There are many other wonderful shops to explore. Reserve plenty of time!
For more information about all that this fabulous historic neighborhood has to offer, check out http://nwpdxnobhill.com.