Mt. Bachelor is one of the best places for winter sports in Oregon and all of the Pacific Northwest. With lift service to 9,000 ft. elevation in the gorgeous Cascade Mountains in Bend and terrain for every ability level, I had a blast skiing there, and the views simply cannot be beat.
I took my wife for her first time skiing, and she loved it, too. It's $96 for an adult (19-64) all-day, all-access lift ticket, but they have a lot of discount lift tickets available, especially for beginners and novices. For example:
- All ages can get an all-day FREE ticket for the Carrousel Chair; pick up the free ticket from Sunrise Lodge before loading the lift.
- From 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. whenever the Sunrise Lift, Lodge & Parking are all open (mid-December through the end of March) it's only $44 for a late arrival ticket for the Sunrise lift. You can spend the morning on the free Carrousel Chair, then if you're feeling excited about more of a challenge you can buy the Sunrise Late Arrival Lift Ticket.
- All ages can get an all-day ticket for on Sunshine Accelerator lift for just $39 whenever the lift is open; buy the ticket at a West Village Mountain Gateway ticket window.
- Buy multi-day lift tickets online at least four days in advance and get savings of up to 10%.
- Kids 12 & under ski FREE the same number of days as their parents with the advance purchase of a 3-or-more day adult lift ticket. One free kid's ticket per paid parent, with no blackout dates!
Other fun things to do on the mountain include:
- Snowblast tubing
- Cross country (nordic) skiing
- Mt. Bachelor also has a lot of great events, too, including stuff happening over the summer.
Click the Learn More button for details about the special deals at Mount Bachelor, and I hope y'all have a blast out there in the beautiful Central Oregon mountains!
Check out the video below for more shots of the action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fXP0PWeAx0