Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve in Hillsboro is a wonderful place in the Portland area to take hike, discover cool birds and other wildlife, and explore our Education Center. The Center includes birds, a genuine bald eagle's nest, a pollinator garden, a water demonstration garden, and more.
The Preserve is open from dawn to dusk, and the Education Center is open from 10am-4pm daily. A suggestion donation of $2/person from those ages 10+ helps support our mission.
As it is a preserve for wildlife and the native ecosystem, Jackson Bottom prohibits:
- Dogs and other domestic animals
- Bicycles or scooters (bike rack available on-site)
- Motorized vehicles
- Drugs or alcohol
- Boating, canoeing, or kayaking
- Open fires or fires of any kind
- Collecting of any kind (plants, animals, etc.)
Click the Learn More button for details, including a trail map and upcoming events.